Position: Property Operations Specialist
Reports To: Property Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The property operations specialist is responsible for creating a safe, comfortable, and productive environment for all building occupants and visitors by ensuring any necessary repairs or alterations to the buildings are completed so that that they are up to the proper specifications. This position may oversee building services technicians if assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all building systems/operations are functioning properly
- Perform inspections of maintenance work performed on equipment and HVAC-Systems by third party
- Ensure that all life safety and code required inspections on equipment are performed
- Receive requests from building occupants via phone or email regarding maintenance concerns and report back to requesting parties
- Perform inside building maintenance and/or repairs on walls, furniture, carpeting, doors, door closures, locks, window frames, carpentry, plumbing, painting, lighting, electrical, etc.
- Perform outside building maintenance, such as emptying of trash cans and removal of snow/ice of parking lots, building entrances, and sidewalks by using shovel or snow blower; and providing maintenance on garage doors
- Provide 24/7/365 on-call support to respond to off-hours facility emergencies or various building projects
- Use of a facility management control system to operate and monitor equipment functionality
- Review contractor maintenance schedule to ensure work is scheduled as needed
- Meet with Property Manager regularly to discuss property performance
- Calculate costs of labor and materials used in maintenance projects
- Contact outside vendors for other maintenance concerns and ensure work is completed to standards
- Monitor product inventory and reorder supplies, ensuring cost effectiveness
- Assist in the development of capital budgets and annual operating budgets
- Perform local travel to various supply stores to purchase supplies
- Complete daily work log, noting all assignments worked on that day
- Maintain service records
- Maintains professionalism with all interactions
- Ensure proper appearances
- Performs all work following proper safety guidelines
- Report any incident/injury to your supervisor immediately
- Perform other duties as assigned and required
- Local travel required
- First Class Stationary Engineer license required
- Minimum of 3 years in the trades background, to include, painting, carpentry, HVAC, and electrical required
- Minimum of 2 years building/facilities supervisory experience preferred
- Must have experience using standard tools of the trade, including hand and power tools
- Proven ability to read, interpret and work from blue prints, schematics, diagrams, etc.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb ladders and scaffolding
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong judgment and decision making abilities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email systems software, smartphones, and work order systems software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); associates degree preferred. A minimum of 3 years in the trades (painting, carpentry, HVAC, and electrical) required; minimum of 2 years building/facilities supervisory experience preferred.
OSHA / HIPAA training
Certificates and Licenses:
- First Class Stationary Engineer license required
- Valid driver's license
- Standard hand and power tools
- Snow removal tractor/ snow blower
- Ride-on parking lot sweeper
- Ladder/Scissor lifts
- Key duplication machine
- Basic plumbing equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; exposure to blood borne pathogens; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and risk of radiation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is not a contractual or binding document; it is provided as a guide to the types of duties required to be undertaken. Duties may vary from time to time and this description is subject to review. Modifications will be made as needed to support changes in the business climate and requirements.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume using the form below:
Comvest Real Estate Management is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.